Welcome to the Laybacks, thank you for choosing our quality Club, I trust you enjoy the friendship and the rewards that our club can offer you. We aspire to deliver good standards, discipline and put high expectations on ourselves, and realize the responsibilities that come with being a Layback member. Continue reading Welcome Members
LAYBACK X-MAS TEAMS CHALLENGE
‘RULES OF ENGAGEMENT’
* Based on 6 teams of 6 surfers (can run exactly the same with 7 teams)
* 6 C-Graders are drawn out of a hat – these are the team Captains.
* They then alternatively draw names from an A-Grade, B-Grade & C-Grade hat to fill their team of 6 surfers. (all depending on numbers)
* Each team must privately submit the order their 6 surfers will surf in.
* The draw is then made up (just like a normal point-score), based on the order of surfers submitted from each team. So each heat has one surfer from each team in it.
* Heats are judged and tallied just like a normal point-score. Points are then awarded for each place getter in the heat depending on their grade (see table below)
* RND 1 – All surfers ride their own surfboard. Regular 20 min heat rules apply.
* RND 2 – Teams must nominate one board that the whole team will surf for the entire round.
* RND 3 – Royal Rumble – Teams line up on the beach and each surfer must paddle out, catch 2 waves only and return to the beach, tagging their next surfer. All waves are scored and bonus points are awarded for the first teams back to the beach.
|1st||6 points||4 points||2 points|
|2nd||5 points||3 points||1 point|
|3rd||4 points||2 points||0 points|
|4th||3 points||1 point||0 points|
|5th||2 points||0 points||0 points|
|6th||1 point||0 points||0 points|
Thanks to Andy Goldie for a great job all year.