LAYBACK X-MAS TEAMS CHALLENGE
‘RULES OF ENGAGEMENT’
* Based on 6 teams of 6 surfers (can run exactly the same with 7 teams)
* 6 C-Graders are drawn out of a hat – these are the team Captains.
* They then alternatively draw names from an A-Grade, B-Grade & C-Grade hat to fill their team of 6 surfers. (all depending on numbers)
* Each team must privately submit the order their 6 surfers will surf in.
* The draw is then made up (just like a normal point-score), based on the order of surfers submitted from each team. So each heat has one surfer from each team in it.
* Heats are judged and tallied just like a normal point-score. Points are then awarded for each place getter in the heat depending on their grade (see table below)
* RND 1 – All surfers ride their own surfboard. Regular 20 min heat rules apply.
* RND 2 – Teams must nominate one board that the whole team will surf for the entire round.
* RND 3 – Royal Rumble – Teams line up on the beach and each surfer must paddle out, catch 2 waves only and return to the beach, tagging their next surfer. All waves are scored and bonus points are awarded for the first teams back to the beach.
|1st||6 points||4 points||2 points|
|2nd||5 points||3 points||1 point|
|3rd||4 points||2 points||0 points|
|4th||3 points||1 point||0 points|
|5th||2 points||0 points||0 points|
|6th||1 point||0 points||0 points|